Thursday, September 15, 2011


Another awesome excerpt from the book "Who Calls Me Beautiful?"

The moment we were created we became God's most precious and coveted work of art-chosen, guarded, and loved. As a woman of God, I must recognize that I am "fearfully and wonderfully" made because I am a product of the creative hand of the Most High God. I am "fearfully and wonderfully" made because I have access to one of the greatest intimacies human can know--a personal relationship with God.
The word fearful often makes us think of someone who is anxious and afraid. But placed in the context of God's abilities, the word takes on new meaning. When we are fearful of the work of God, we gaze with absolute attention and awe at the possibilities that exist in the very palm of His hand. Thus, I become totally fixed on God and His purpose for my life instead of being distracted and weighed down by the culture of our world.
Being fearful of the work of God means realizing that the possibilities for my life extend far beyond what I am able to bring about on my own. They exist in the abilities of an infinite God. And if the possibilities for my life exist in the abilities of an infinite God, I must define who I was at the moment of creation, who I am today, and who I will be tomorrow as God defines me, that is "fearfully and wonderfully made." I must declare as the psalmist did, "Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well." Deep within me are these words, which long to be heard over the din of this world. I was created by a perfect and flawless Creator, He intimately and deeply loves me, and I can rest in contentment in who I am in Christ Jesus.

More awesome excerpts from this book to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment