Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Who Calls Me Beautiful

This was a very moving passage, for me personally, in a book I'm reading called "Who Calls Me Beautiful" by Regina Franklin.(Thanks Mrs. Tara!) Written in the perspective of God to each woman individually who listens to the lies of the world of what's beautiful or not.

Before the beginning of time, I knew you. I knew what color your eyes would be, and I could hear the sound of your laughter. Like a proud father who carries a picture of his daughter, I carried the image of you in My eyes, for you were created in My image Before the beginning of time, I chose you. I spoke your names into the heavens, and I smiled as its melody resounded off the walls of My heart.
You are Mine. My love for you extends farther than the stars in the sky and deeper than any ocean. You are My pearl of great price, the one for whom I gave everything. I cradle you in the palm of My hand. I love you even in the face of your failure. Nothing you say or do can cause Me to stop loving you. I am relentless in My pursuit of you. Run from Me-- I will love you. Spurn Me-- I will love you. Reject yourself-- I will love you. You see, My love for you was slain before the foundations of the world and I have never regretted the sacrifice I made for you at Calvary.
When I see every part of who you are, I marvel at the work of My hands, for I whispered words of longing and desire and you came into existence. You are beautiful, and I take pleasure in you-- heart, mind, and body. You are My desire. When you turn your head in shame and despise what I have made, still I reach for you with gentle passion. You are My beloved and I am Yours.

(Author's adaptation from 1 John 3:2; Isaiah 43:1; Matthew 13:46; Ephesians 1:4; Revelation 13:8; Psalm 194:4; Song of Solomon 7:10; 6:3)



I know all of this is true. And how can I not be so completely humbled and broken that I feel like I have to ask God over and over again, "Why me?"

And just knowing that I can still bring a sparkle to God's eye even when I feel like His greatest disappointment makes me also feel even more unworthy. Because I feel like such a loser sometimes. Why would He be proud of me? But He is. And He wants to show me off, make a midwife out of me because that is His calling for me, and equips me every day to live for Him.

And the stupid thing is, is I get so bogged down by the things of this world and everything the devil tries to tempt me with that I forget all of this. And I find myself smudging the lines in my heart and in my conscience of what's right and what's wrong. And not feeling guilty for picking the sparkly, instant gratification, and flesh building things that the devil offers all the time to make me forget why believing in God and being a part of His Church is worth it all. And on top of all of that, picking the path with least resistance -which makes me easy prey- is just how you begin to walk when you fall for the devil's delusional (which means: to mislead the mind or judgment of; to deceive) gifts.

I guess my wake up call came just in time :-) There is some definite warfare in the spiritual realm, and I don't want to miss out on the fun. (Just kidding about the fun part)

5 comments:

  1. Loved this! Awesome post!Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great post, too. I certainly have always called you beautiful, and I've always had something inside me telling me you're going to be something special.

    So that's what I think God thinks if it helps you believe it any better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha! you are soo amazing, and beautiful. i will become your #1 follower, okay? i love you sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you Mannie<3 Thx for your post. You are amazing am I'm glad that you are an example for me to look up too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you guys flatter me :-) Love all of you too!!

    Papa Shammah, thank you for letting me know you think I'm special it means the world to me. Made my whole day sparkle :-)

    ReplyDelete